Key Account Manager (f/m/d)
The Aenova Group is one of the leading companies in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. With high quality standards, innovative technologies and a clear future orientation, Aenova has become Europe's market leader for the development and production of all common dosage forms and product groups in the business-to-business sector. The company which has its headquarters near Munich (Germany), operates 15 production sites and several sales offices in ten countries throughout the world. More than 4.300 employees contribute to the group’s success.
The Key Account Manager is responsible for generating growth within a designated number of Aenova-appointed key client accounts, managing the senior-level relationships within those designated accounts and driving the cross-selling activity of all sales staff, as well as directing all functional support (e.g. Development, Operations, Quality).
The Key Account Manager is a senior level sales position within the company and requires sophisticated sales techniques, a high level of C-suite relationship management and strategic account management. The candidate will manage a book of business in excess of € 50m.
This position reports to the Head of Key Account Management.
What can you expect?
- Develop clear, well-articulated growth plans and deliver sales force alignment for target clients
- Drive a depth & breadth strategy for global clients, in order to maximize the technology usage within the assigned accounts
- Act as a senior Aenova “ambassador” to further develop business together with existing customers by providing a deep understanding of customer dynamics and bio-pharmaceutical trends to maximize business opportunities and growth
- Identification of market potentials, as well as observation and analysis of the market and competition
- Lead the negotiation of contracts (e.g. supply contracts) with our customers and in coordination with internal contact persons
- Provide over-arching direction for designated global account contracts to provide a speedy, efficient contracting process
What should you bring?
- Science for Business degree, with MBA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in B2B Sales, Business Development or Project Management
- Strong track record in the B2B setting as well as in delivering sustained growth and excellent results
- Sales / Business Development experience in the contract pharmaceutical industry preferred, knowledge of the animal health industry is desirable
- Thorough understanding of sterile and oral solid-dose manufacturing is a plus
- Be a change agent who relishes a fast-paced, highly energized environment,
be an excellent communicator and a strong problem-solver with well-developed analytical skills, high level of technical acumen, strategic thinking, consumer & customer understanding, marketing program creativity, interpersonal, project management, financial management and negotiation skills
- Competent handling of standard MS Office applications and the ability to manage a CRM system
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
We offer a growth-oriented, dynamic and international environment, which offers challenging tasks across the sites as well as active participation opportunities.
The ideal candidate will work at one of the sites in our European network, although a reasonable amount of home office can be discussed.
If these tasks in a future-proof corporate group attract you, then we would like to get in touch with you.
Have we inspired your curiosity?
For any questions please contact the human resources department, Melanie Ruemmele, at +49 8151 9987 139.