Director Business Development US (f/m/d)
home based position - preferably US west coast
The Aenova Group is one of the leading companies in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. With high quality standards, innovative technologies and a clear future orientation, Aenova has become Europe's market leader for the development and production of all common dosage forms and product groups in the business-to-business sector. The company which has its headquarters near Munich (Germany), operates 15 production sites and several sales offices in ten countries throughout the world. More than 4.300 employees contribute to the group’s success.
What can you expect?
As a member of the North America Sales team, you will be responsible for identifying, securing and managing business with new and existing customers in North America. Your primary focus will be concentrated, but not limited to, the sale of pharmaceutical products, capacity and services from Aenova’s European manufacturing facilities, as well as the contract packing site in North Carolina.
Although this is a home-based position from your current home location, you will be required to travel to Aenova and customer sites, tradeshows and other locations as identified. Business travel will include international and domestic destinations.
Some of your responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Identify and secure new business via all obstainable sources in order to meet and/or exceed annual financial budgets
- Generate and give sales presentations to the Aenova Management Team and/or customers
- Develop cost estimates, proposal summaries and customer proposals as tools to secure and develop new business
- Develop and manage budgets and forecasts for new and existing customer accounts, products and services
- Manage specific customer accounts, territories and/or projects as defined and ensure revenue and profits are achieved
- Negotiate price increases, supply agreements and other contracts
- Resolve issues as they arise and act as liaison between customers and Aenova facilities
Experience and Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or business
- Minimum three years related B2B experience selling capacity and services in the pharmaceutical, biotech or CMO industry
- Track record of success leading B2B sales activities with emphasis on building relationship and selling solutions
- Additional training in business, cGMPs, negotiation desirable
- Familiar with cGMP, FDA and DEA regulations
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- A team player, who is a good listener, able to work collaboratively with other team members towards a common goal
- A high performer, who wins the respect of clients and colleagues by demonstrating superior knowledge of the sales process and commitment to quality
- Personal presence and interpersonal skills that will create effective interaction with site directors, costing analysts, customers and other colleagues
- A strong sense of urgency and ability to motivate others to meet objectives and deadlines
We offer a growth-oriented, dynamic and international environment, which offers challenging tasks across the sites as well as active participation opportunities.
If these tasks in a future-proof corporate group attract you, then we would like to get in touch with you.