Head of Corporate Development & Strategy (f/m/d)
for our headquarters in Starnberg, Germany
The Aenova Group is one of the leading companies in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. With high quality standards, innovative technologies and a clear future orientation, Aenova has become Europe's market leader for the development and production of all common dosage forms and product groups in the business-to-business sector. The company which has its headquarters near Munich (Germany), operates 15 production sites and several sales offices in ten countries throughout the world. More than 4.300 employees contribute to the group’s success.
What can you expect?
- This role will be reporting to the CEO of the group, serving as a coordinator and quality gate
- This is a single contributor role and can serve as a stepping stone to a Vice President position
- Your role will have two major pillars with the following activities:
(1) You will identify/take on, scope and drive projects that can be either strategic or operational but will always carry measurable impact on top line growth or EBITDA contribution
(2) You will oversee and execute the renewed evolution of the 3-year Strategic Plan covering all manufacturing facilities and functions
In both cases, topics can span across all areas of the company’s value chain and portfolio, from procurement over manufacturing to sales and carry organizational aspects. It will give the candidate a good sense and deep experience how to create value in a company this size.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
(1) You will support the ambitious inorganic growth agenda by managing the funnel of target identification, coordinating Due Diligences by guiding and managing internal and external stakeholders and then driving the process of final acquisition
(2) You will run the Post Merger Integration for already acquired assets and manage the transition into Aenova Group
(3) You will lead strategic footprint reviews and potential following divestiture projects
- To be successful, you will use your technical execution skills including for financial modelling and designing of presentations in a hands-on and pragmatic manner
- You will leverage required resources collaboratively across the matrix organization (layers, functions and geographies) and outside of the group to drive implementation and execution
- This is a high-paced role that requires on-the-spot thinking, to be mentally versatile and to be able to work on many different topics at the same time
- You will have the chance to establish a broad external network with financial investors, consultants, investment banks and the leaderships of potential acquisition targets
- Projects will be regularly reported to the Executive Leadership Team of the company, therefore relevant exposure and quick decision making is guaranteed
- In all aspects for your work, high quality analyses, logical storylines and clear recommendations are expected so that management can take business critical decisions in a time efficient and informed manner
What should you bring?
- Min. 3 years of experience in management consulting at a leading firm (Top 5) or an established healthcare boutique consultancy
- Ideally proven experience as project manager, entrepreneur or financial banker
- Proven implementation / execution abilities are required through hands-on experience, ideally in an international setting
- Knowledge and previous project experience of the pharma / healthcare world – ideally CDMO, but that is not a must
- Extensive financial modelling experience and proven ability to design, build and maintain a complex business case, investment assessment, business plan / forecast models (Excel)
- Proven high potential with excellent academic achievements
- Proficiency in English and ideally one additional European language, ideally German
- Superior writing and especially presentation skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to storyline and make clear conceptual arguments
- Appetite to drive, change and work for real impact
- Eager to contribute to and grow within a team of extraordinary individuals
- Results-oriented, hands-on and EQ to manage complex stakeholder settings, ideally acquired in a multi-cultural and international environment
This is an ideal role for highly-driven self starters with consulting and pharma / biotech background who want to gain the first significant experience in this industry.
We offer a growth-oriented, dynamic and international environment, which offers challenging tasks across the manufacturing facilities as well as active participation opportunities.
If these tasks in a future-proof corporate group attract you, then we would like to get in touch with you.
Have we inspired your curiosity?
For any questions please contact the human resources department, Melanie Ruemmele, at +49 8151 9987 139.